How to set up apple pay
If you compared with swiping your card or by using cash, contactless payments, like Apple Pay, are one faster and safer method to pay.
In such locations, anyone can use the phone to pay for groceries, coffee, and sometimes even public transportation services.
Instead of swiping a card, anyone may verify a payment using a mobile that needs your fingerprint, facial ID, or a PIN.
Apple Pay provides your key to an easy and secure method of paying whether you have an iPhone.
Confirm to see if the device is available on Apple Pay before registering your credit card.
Contactless Payments is only used for Apple devices, such as iPhones, Apple Watches, and Macs that are compatible. Certain previous iPhone devices, including the iPhone 5s, aren’t supported.
What Is Apple Pay and How Does It Work?
Apple Pay is an online payment service provided by Apple. This is split into two categories.
1. Apple Wallet
This is the app for setting up card payments for cashless transactions on iOS devices. Apple Wallet may also be used to make online purchases.
2. Apple Pay Cash
It works similarly to Venmo, PayPal, Cash Application, or any other digital payment tool in that it allows anyone to send and receive money.
How to set up Apple Pay and how does it work on your iPhone?
Because you probably carry your phone with you everywhere, the first place you should set up Apple Pay is on your iPhone. So here is how you do it:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- On the upper right side, click the + icon.
- Upon this Apple Pay setup screen, click “Continue.”
- Select “Credit or Debit Card” option “Apple Card” as the particular card that wants to add to Apple Pay.
- If you don’t already have an Apple Card, you can choose this option.
- To insert a second card, you can do it in one of two ways
- Use the iPhone’s scanner to scan the surface of your card, either enter the card information.
- Now click “Next.”
- Press “Next” after entering the card’s expiration date and security code.
- Check the terms & then accept all.
- Choose one of mail, message, or phone verification & submit your confirmation code whenever requested. Now press the “Next” button.
The bank or card issuers will validate your details, after which you may click “Next” to begin accepting Apple Pay.
This method for setting up Apple Pay on your iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac is virtually the same, though the initial few steps may differ.
We’ll show you how to use Apple Pay on different Apple devices in the sections below.
How to set up Apple Pay in your Apple Watch?
- Start to the My Watch tab in the Watch app on your iPhone.
- “Wallet & Apple Pay” is the first option, followed by “Add Card.”
- Click “Continue.”
- Scan your card with your iPhone camera, and enter the card information (name and card number). Select “Next.”
- Click “Next” after providing the card’s expiration date and security code.
- Check the terms and accept them.
- Go for email, text, or phone verification and type the security code as requested. Now select the “Next” button.
- Now select the “Next” button.
- The card issuer will confirm your info, after which you may click “Next” to begin using Apple Pay.
How to set up Apple Pay on Mac?
By using Apple Pay on a Mac, you’ll have to a device with a Fingerprint Sensor, or a 2012 model, or after with a wirelessly mobile device.
- Click the System Preferences > Wallet and Apple Pay on mac.
- Select the Add Card option and fill out all of the required fields.
- Click settings then Wallet & Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad and switch on the option Allow Payments on your Mac.