Public Snapchat profiles are something that we’ve seen grow in popularity over the last few years, and they’re perfect for people who want to grow their Snapchat following while showcasing their business, brand, or artistry engagingly. If you want to know How to make a public profile on Snapchat android and how to make a public profile on Snapchat iPhone, then you’ve come to the right place! Check out these steps below to learn everything you need to know about public Snapchat profiles and how you can start making one of your own.
Here’s how you can start your quest towards making a public profile on Snapchat.
If you have an iPhone, here’s how to make your public profile everyone can see it.
If you have an Android, follow these steps for making your public profile:
- After opening Snapchat, hold down anywhere in the right bottom corner and open the story settings screen as shown below.
- Then scroll down and tick Make My Story Public
- Click the done button on the upper right side of the screen
- Click on Add Friends option from the top navigation menu
- Invite friends by entering their Snapchat user names
- Accept all invitations by taping the blue check mark at the upper left side of the dialogue box
- That’s it! now everyone can see your public profile
Please note that only verified users with over 10,000 followers will be able to add or remove people from their list of contacts.
You can easily add friends and also set your profile’s visibility based on your location, mood, or duration of time.
Based in California, it is said that around 7 billion messages are exchanged each day through snaps, while approximately 700 million people use them daily.
To access Snapchat, you need an iOS device like iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 8.0 or later version.
Also, make sure that the Bluetooth of your device is enabled to connect with a headset or speaker.
The following steps will help you to know how to make a public profile on Snapchat iPhone
- Open the Snapchat app on your iDevice.
- Choose to Create New Account button and then enter details such as username, password, etc.
- Tap Sign up or Continue, depending upon whether you already have a Snapchat account in the previous iOS device or not.
- On the next screen, go with the I’m over 18 years of age tick box and then click the Done button.
You are done! Your profile is created successfully.
To confirm it, open the Snapchat app again and now enter the existing username or email address that you used while signing up for a new profile.
Once entered, submit it by clicking the Next option below it
That’s it. Congratulations on creating a brand new profile on Snapchat. So it’s very easy to follow how to make a public profile on Snapchat iPhone.
Android smartphone users can follow these steps to make their own profile and make it accessible by anyone who follows them.
So, follow this step and know How to make a public profile on Snapchat android.
- Open Snapchat on your android device.
- Tap on the ghost icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on add friends icon, followed by creating my story icon. You will now be prompted to give a title for your story, such as My trip or whatever you wish to call it. Then enter your mobile number (not a username) and wait for someone to accept your request.
- Once accepted, click on the next option, which is to select the people icon. You will be given an option to choose whether you want to share your profile with all or specific friends only.
- After choosing whom you want to share your profile with, tap continues.
That’s it! Your profile is created and now visible to anyone following you, even if they are not using Snapchat.
Key points while using Snapchat
– Don’t use your real name while making your profile.
– Make sure you have photos that aren’t embarrassing, as they will be displayed in your profile forever.
– Use discretion when choosing an appropriate photo to display in your Snapchat profile.
– Snap up to 10 photos per day, but only one per friend per day, so don’t overwhelm someone with snaps.
– Add friends by snapping them and then having them add you back. You can also search for people using their phone number or email address if they are already your contacts in your phone.
– A blue star is displayed next to anyone who has added you as a friend so that it is easy to see who has accepted any Snapchat sent.
– If no star appears beside their name, it means that person hasn’t added you yet.