How to Fix PUBG Won’t Launch Issue – Are you having trouble launching the PUBG games on your computer? Do you get the message PUBG won’t launch and PUBG has stopped working when you try to play? If so, don’t worry. We have the answers here to help you fix the issue!
The computer running PUBG may have system issues or outdated drivers that can prevent PUBG from starting.
If you still can’t start PUBG,
- Try using a different computer or installing system updates
- Newer drivers for your video card
- Restart your computer
- launch PUBG again
If it still won’t load,
- Uninstall, then reinstall Steam and PUBG as well as all related drivers/software/games.
Restarting your computer is a great way to fix PUBG won’t launch.
Just press and hold the restart button on your keyboard and keep it pressed for 5-10 seconds.
When you hear a beep, it means that you’ve successfully restarted your PC or laptop.
Once again, open up steam and see if it loads now. If not, move ahead with the next step given below.
If none of the above steps work then follow:
- Reinstall Windows 10
- Reinstall DirectX 9 which contains the xinput1_3.dll file
- After Reinstalling all of those files, it’s time to reinstall windows itself again just to check if any kind of errors are going because windows itself can have many errors since it’s the too old version at the time of writing these solutions which causes even more issues like PUBG won’t load.
If you are using anti-virus software, make sure that you add PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds (PUBG) to its exclusion list.
If it is not there,
- Add it immediately
- Try updating your anti-virus
- Run PUBG in safe mode
If your PUBG won’t load after adding PUBG as an exclusion in your anti-virus and even after updating it, then go for running it in safe mode.
The first thing you should try, if you’re encountering a PUBG won’t launch issue or other PUBG won’t load, is closing and reopening Steam – just don’t forget to sign back in afterward.
Otherwise, it may be time for a quick reboot: If nothing else seems to work,
- Sign out of your account (if you use one)
- Restart your computer.
- Check if any background programs are running that might interfere with normal game functions.
Make sure that no firewalls are blocking PUBG from accessing and running on your computer.
Some users claim that disabling firewalls helped them launch PUBG successfully if PUBG won’t load.
To disable Windows Firewall –
- Click on the Start button
- Select Control Panel
- Open the System and Security option
Once opened, look for Windows Firewall
- Click on it once to open its settings page.
Sometimes, issues such as PUBG won’t launch can be fixed by replacing your game files with a clean install.
Uninstalling PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds is an easy fix and will take less than five minutes to complete.
The steps involve,
- Navigating to Steam > Library > Games and
- Select PUBG from your list of games
- Click on Delete Local Content
- Choose Delete when prompted by Steam to confirm your selection
Since most of these issues like, PUBG won’t load or PUBG won’t open are associated with network problems and settings, your first step should be verifying your internet connection and launching Battlegrounds in a wired connection.
If that doesn’t work, you can try changing your settings or maybe reinstalling PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds altogether.
But if none of these options works for you then it’s best to contact the PlayerUnknown battlegrounds Support Team to resolve any other issue that might have been causing PlayerUnknown Battleground not to start error on windows 10/8/7.