You’ve undoubtedly heard about the recent introduction of Snapchat’s new dark mode feature that can be used to make your app appear darker, making it easier on the eyes in low-light settings such as when you’re using Snapchat at night or in the dark. However, you may not have known how to get dark mode on Snapchat android and how to get dark mode on Snapchat iPhone.
Until now! In this blog post, we’ll cover exactly how to get dark mode on Snapchat android and how to get dark mode on Snapchat iPhone and how to actually use it once you have it up and running so that your favorite chat app can be more convenient to use!
If you’re a fan of dark mode, we’ve got good news. It can be enabled in Snapchat on both Android and iOS devices. It’s not difficult to do at all and takes just a few seconds to set up. This feature is new to Snapchat, and therefore it isn’t available by default on older versions of either operating system.
If you’re just starting out on Snapchat, try following a few celebrities, media outlets, and brands to get a feel for how they use it.
Once you’ve got an idea of what you like and who you want to follow, start creating your own stories.
Every time you snap a photo or video that you think is worth keeping around for a little while or forever, tap on it once to send it.
However, for your device (both phones and tablets), setting up dark mode should only take a few taps here and there. Let’s get started!
How to get dark mode on Snapchat android – Step by Step
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Swipe down from your phone’s top if you’re using an iPhone.
- If you can’t find it, choose Applications or Apps & notifications instead.
- Tap General.
- Select Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color Filters > Night mode and turn on Enable color inversion.
- Once activated, swipe up from your screen to open Snapchat and toggle on Dark Mode by tapping on your profile icon at the top of your screen and choosing Dark under Account in Settings.
- Toggle Color Filters off when you want to return to regular lighting.
- You’ll see a moon icon next to your Stories list, which indicates that Dark Mode is active.
You can also access it by going into a life story or adding friends; tap on Dark underneath Theme at the bottom right of their nameplate.
That’s it! Your Snapchats will now be tinted blue/black, and white text/icons will appear yellow.
It works as intended on most devices, but some may require rooting Android only to get working properly. You should know how to do that yourself.
If you want to know How to get dark mode on Snapchat iPhone, then please follow these simple and easy steps as below listed.
- Go to Snapchat Settings
- Tap on Manage
- Scroll down until you see Dark mode
- Choose how long you want the dark mode to be on.
- Click Done
Enjoy using Snapchat in a whole new way with some darker shades. And if you’re planning on taking any selfies (even of your food), don’t forget to disable it afterward so as not to have everything looking a little too ominous in tone.
You can easily enable dark mode in Snapchat for both Android and iPhone by following these easy steps. I hope you liked my guide to enabling dark mode in Snapchat. Let me know if you have any queries regarding how to enable dark mode in Snapchat, and ask questions below in the comments box. Thank you for reading my post on how to get dark mode on Snapchat android, which hopefully helps you a lot!