Social networking sites have completely transformed how we live in the modern world. The growth of huge social media and messaging services such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and others have made interacting with people simpler.
We have started to use these platforms for exchanging media material such as images, movies, and a variety of other items, in addition to the conversation.
It is true that the top applications have started to bring joy and excitement into our lives. Snapchat will undoubtedly establish a place among them. Snapchat allows users to share photos and videos of memorable events while still communicating with their friends. It’s simple to set up a Snapchat account on your Android or iOS device.
If you want to know how to change your username on Snapchat, it’s simple to do so by following these three steps. There are some important notes to keep in mind before making any changes, though, so make sure you read through all of the following steps and follow them carefully to ensure you for how to change your username on Snapchat smoothly.
There’s a creative technique to use a custom Display Name instead of your username. Your username will not change, but only a selected of your friends will be able to view it.
This is how you do it.
- Open Snapchat, then go to your profile’s upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click the gear symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Choose a name.
- Enter a new display name in the Box.
- Click on Save.
- Instead of your username, the name you save in the Name box displays in your friends’ conversations and stories.
Creating a new Snapchat account with a unique name is another option for changing your Snapchat username.
When you choose this option, you will have to manually add your friends to your new account. Here’s how to preserve the Snapchat names of your friends and then set up a new account.
- Select Chat and then the upper-right corner’s New Chat button.
- Go to All to see your friends in alphabetical order.
- Take a snapshot of the list or write down each name. To cancel the New Chat, in the upper-right corner – click the X.
- By putting their name into the search area at the top of the page, you may find the first buddy on your list.
- Keep track of the username that appears next to their Display Name in your head.
- Click the X in the search bar to exit the search. To access Settings, choose your profile/Bitmoji symbol and then the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- At the last of the Settings menu, select Log Out of your account.
- To establish a new account with your unique username, select Sign Up.
- Once you create your new account, click the magnifying glass button to look for the usernames of your friends. To add them, choose Add.
This technique will be significantly different from the previous way, which gave a step-by-step guide for changing Snapchat username without creating a new account.
By creating a new Snapchat account with a different email address, you may change your Snapchat username. To alter your Snapchat account’s username, follow the instructions below.
- To start, open the Snapchat app and go to your profile.
- To log out, go to Settings and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- After you’ve logged out, go ahead and hit the Sign up button.
- Fill in the necessary information, making sure to use a different email address from the one you’ve been using for your current Snapchat account.
- To add friends to your profile, go to your profile and select ‘Add Friends.’ Alternatively, you may ‘Add from Contacts.’
- Wait a moment after pressing the ‘Continue’ button.
- Click the ‘OK’ button on the following pop-up window to allow Snapchat to access your contacts.
- The contacts can then be added according to your preferences.
- Unlock your profile by logging into your previous Snapchat account.
- Then choose any person from the ‘My Friends’ menu, and the Snapchat username will appear on the screen.
- Leave out the people you’ve previously added to your new Snapchat account.
- Log into your new Snapchat profile once more and add friends or friends by username.
- Once making the necessary changes, you can permanently delete the previous account.
Changing your username on Snapchat doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated. It just takes a little know-how and these three steps to make sure you do it right! Of course, that’s just how I personally change my username on my account, but if you have any questions about how to change my username on Snapchat, feel free to leave a comment below! I will try to get back to everyone as soon as possible to give an answer on how to change the username on Snapchat. Share your views and opinions on the best Snapchat username with the rest of the community.